Best Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing : Ultimate Review 2017
Whether you’re a recreational angler or fisherman – fish on cloudy or sunny days – your eyes require protection.
Most anglers use polarized glass to protect eyes from the intense of sun & harmful effect of UV rays.
Moreover, the best sunglasses with polarized lenses dramatically enhances vision when looking into water.
Polarized sunglasses reduce glare and help you see into the water. They protect your eyes from flying hooks, and help you see where you’re walking. Spending a day on the water can really be harsh on your eyes, So protect them from fatigue with a pair of polarized sunglasses.
8 Best Fishing Sunglasses in a Comparison Table
All of these are high quality sunglasses-recommended for different fishing styles and weather condition. To avoid confusion of so many options, pick one from this list based on your budget and fishing styles.
Wrap frame to fit medium to large head
Use in low light
Use in full sunlight
Fit on medium to Large face
Bifocal prescription ready
95% UVA and UVB protection
Above are the list of all of the awesome sport spectacles which are specially made for fishermen.
Don't be fall in love on the outlook of an eye-wear. There're lots of other things to consider. Determine the materials, shape of frame-considering your face structure, lens color and coating etc. Read reviews to know how well these will perform in the type of your fishing and the condition of your surrounding environment.
Skip the video if you already know what style of frame is good for your mouth shape.
Who Makes the Best Polarized Sport Sunglasses?
There are many brands out there that make polarized sunglasses. Especially Costa Del Mar, Maui Jim, Oakly, smith etc. could draw customers attention in 2016, supplying quality polarized sunglasses.
Thousands of fishermen, ophthalmologist and recreational angler recommend these brands.
Our several hours of market research will not let you go wrong! We selected top sunglasses by different price ranges and performances.
Best Polarized Fishing Sunglasses Under 50 Dollars
You search for polarized shades fewer than 50 bucks? Probably you lost your favorite pair of glasses in previous season. You’re afraid of losing them in the water again? A pair of cheap sunglasses will not break your bank or make you frustrated if uncertainty drop it off at the beach.
Who doesn’t lose at least one pair of glasses in a season?
To help you out we reviewed two sunglasses on price below 50 dollar. But you should keep in mind, when buying cheap glasses, there are always some cons of them. These may look cheap and the frames are not much tight and can get scratch or break eventually.
If fishing is just a hobby and you don't do it frequently it is not necessarily to spend more money on this shade. On that sense Flying Fisherman Maverick Polarized sunglasses will be the best pick for you – for a budget under $50, you'll keep smile on the spot.
Yes, they are affordable and you may want to call them cheap, but they will serve you just right for that price. These glass are comfortable to wear, unlike the $200 Oakley’s, if you mistakenly sit on them and break them you won’t feel sad.
As the name goes, they are the perfect sunglasses for fly fishing. The come with flexible wrap around frames which are lightweight and super comfortable. You will still get semi-rimless styling alongside AcuTint lens coloring system, and non-slip nose pads.
- Very sleek design
- Lenses are removable
- May not last as long as you would Expect
- Lenses can easily pop out
Fishing Sunglasses for Women
If you are the fisherman with a tight budget – let’s say under $50 then the Berkley Dodge fishing sunglasses is a great pick for you.
Even though at this price, it comes with quality polarized lenses that are laced with innovative frame and technologies.
It will enhance your fishing experience if you are an very passionate angler and look for something cheap as well as good which help you to get more fish. The most importantly lenses are scratch resistant, so will not break in pressure or if fall down.
It comes with a sleek thin line that will give you maximum water vision and great comfort. Durability and strength are not lacking due to incorporated optical hinges.
- Comes with a scratch lens resistant
- Perfect for blue eyes
- Hinges are glued and can easily come off during cleaning
- Requires great care during cleaning as the lens can pop out of the frame
Best Fishing Sunglasses Under 100 Dollars
For more safety, style and comfort you want to deals on more than 50 dollar. When you are spending high you are actually paying for frame quality, lens material, branded value and extra security also.
If fishing is something you do every day, then we will tell you to raise your budget a little bit and go for these mirrored polarized eye wears - Wiley X Valor. It is made of black frame which are very snazzy. Two rubber pieces on the frame will stuck the glass in your head tightly.
They are a little bit above $50 but are under $100 fishing sunglasses.Perfectly fits for all water and weather conditions. Its lenses will give you a clean and nice water view –make objects sharper and brighter.
You can change the lenses any time to suit any color of your choice. You will notice that, the frames are very comfortable and will fit a wide range of head sizes. Unlike other high-end glasses, their nose pads and other small pieces can’t be lost easily. Its impact resistant system is great to wear them as safety glasses.
- Many features for a low price
- Fit around all head types
- Durable and long lasting
- Lens may look small
- Hard to Remove Lense
See More : Suncloud Tailgate Polarized Sunglasses
Suncloud will also provide you durability and protection from UV. These are stylist and will fit best on long oval face.
Best Polarized Sunglasses Under 300 Dollars
You want to enjoy more advance fishing and get amazing polarized glasses to get most bang of your buck. You shouldn’t skimp on glasses while wanting 100% full UV protection and ultimate comfort. After using a pair of high quality sunglasses you will fall in love with that. You will never think again to go back to lower price.
On this category we have suggested few of the best polarized fishing sunglasses under 200 dollars and some other will cost you more but of course less than 300.
What Makes Difference Between Cheap vs Expensive sunglasses?
If you ask a question does an expansive sunglass provide better quality compared to cheap glasses?
Answer is definitely yes. You get what you pay for.
All sunglasses look same-a pair of glasses attached into a frame. But what type of materials it use make a difference. It maybe polarized or non-polarized. Cheap sunglasses often come without scratch resistant ability and ultraviolet protection. If UV coming in your eyes are not fully protected your pupils extend to allow more lights which lets in more Ultraviolet Ray too and ultimately your eyes are damaged.
If cheap polarized lenses are not made well oriented in the same direction which reduce glare it will be tough for your brain directing the slight distortions. Another reason to pay extra buck in lenses is it will give you bright and clear vision. Read Life hacker’s explanation why expansive glasses might make more sense.
Are you looking for the best sunglasses for fly fishing? You will want to get the Costa Del Mar Tuna Alley sunglasses. Though it’s above $100, you will get the good value for your money with this polarized fishing eye-wear.
They are perfectly designed for those who love open waters – lenses are incorporated with 8 base curves that make it enable to be comfortable on the face. Aesthetically, you will stand out among the crowd. It will give you the clearest lenses you will ever look through. The frame is built in Nylon and it ensure to glasses to grip with your face in wet condition.
Its hinges are made of stainless steel and can be adjusted to fit perfectly into any face type. Additionally, you will get hydroelectric nose pads for greater comfort.
- Boasts a large fit
- 100% UV protection
- Include a hard case
- Light weight and very comfortable
- Polarized prescription sunglasses
- Other than the price, there is none we can think off
To Use in Low Light
Maui Jim Hot Sands offers strong combination of comforts and durability works great for medium face. It provides perfect lightweight durable frames including form-fitting design which will make you thrilled. It will provide you absolute clarity and reflected glare will be completely reduced. This model is designed to enjoy the enhance colors of nature no matter you are in freshwater or offshore area.
Color and sharpness are incomparable that makes it best choice in the category of low light lenses. The premium polarized film is injected into the lens which provides maximum precision, excellent clarity.
With a pair of Maui Jim Lenses the true color will not lost, eventually green will be greener, blues will be bluer and clean will be cleaner. The reflection of water will be cut which allow you to see fish clearly in the sea.
Some Skin cancer Clinic recommends Maui Jim for protection of eyes and surrounding skin from UV.
- Effective Anti-Reflective
- Color Enhance Clarity
- If you are big-headed these will not fit well on your eyes
Polarized Prescription Sunglasses
Maui Jim Ho Okipa Gloss Black Reader is best for its impeccable fit and durable finishing. Weather you wear Bifocal prescription sunglasses or normal polarized sun readers, the main focus is to keep your eyes protected from UV and see things in clear views. Its polycarbonate bifocal lenses provide 10x better powerful resistance than standard plastic or glass lenses.
The little tint on it reduces depth grasp and frazzle of eyes in diverse condition. It has bifocal reader power which are hidden and set to for most effective use.
Maui jim prescription sunglasses allow you to enjoy beautiful landscape view. The lenses are tight which will not scratch easily and never fog. MJ are great for diminishing glare and experiencing contrast in dazzle sunlight. So if you are looking for best prescription sunglasses you can buy Maui jim hookipa without any hesitation.
- Comes with polycarbonate bifocal lenses
- Lenses are polarized
- Extremely comfortable
- Reading can be slightly low.
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Polarized Sunglasses
Oakley Polarized Sunglasses work great both cloudy and sunny bright sunlight condition. You will be able to see everything with these plastic lenses. Though the main purpose is protection of UV,Oakley also famous for its stylist design. The original Oakley Half Jacket won peoples mind before upgraded new version. Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 takes their reputation to the next level with its lightweight, durable impact resistant optics.
Half Jacket's High Definition Optics provides you more bright, sharp and perfect visibility. Everything will be crisper and colors will be fresher. Its Semi-rimless technology helps to see down-view in the water.
If you want to present it as a gift to your dearest person he will love this stylist frame.
- Stylist Design
- 100% Protection from UVA and UVB Rays
- Lightweight Frame
- Prescription Ready
- Hard to see digital display
- No big issue actually
Smith Chief Optics Sunglasses for all day long fly fishing.
Its ChromaPop Gray Green will produce optical transparency. You will also enjoy a clear, inconceivable vivid color experience with its 100% synthetic lenses. You can use these in dark condition as well bright condition.
They will provide a fantastic hard case which will make it easy for you to cover this up when needed. The Chiefs comes with big lenses which will totally cover your eyes and surrounding areas. It boosts your ability to catch bonefish on foggy day.
Also, forgot to mention its Anti-Reflective mirror will absolutely block the glare and assure 100% UV protection.
- Anti-Reflective mirror
- 100% protection from harmful UVA/B/C
- Does not fit well to small face
What Features You Should Be Looking in a Fishing Glass
This is the part where you need to do the chase. Picking out the right pair of fishing sunglasses is important. You will want to get glasses that suit the kind of environment you’re in and the type of finishing you will be doing. Fishing glasses comes with various features from their manufacturers to help you in your fishing endeavors. So when searching for the right one, you should consider each feature. Let’s take a look at some of the most needed features;
- Photochromic Lenses– These are robust and flexible; you can change the glow depending on the amount of UV rays that are present. If you are the type of fisherman that is on the water all day and has enough to spend then this is the lens for you.
- Lens Material-After checking out the lenses, you should ascertain the type of lens material. Generally, lenses produced for fishing are made out from different materials. The prominent ones you should note are the NXT and polycarbonate lenses – that are great for fishing. I will also like you to know that each of the materials are not equal, NXT is much stronger than polycarbonate.
- Lens Color– Depending on the conditions you will be fishing, picking out a pair of fishing sunglasses laced with colored lenses can have significant effects. Various colors will give you different improvements. For example, gray lenses will improve depth perception and color – you will see clearly in broad waters. On the other hand, copper lenses will filter out blue light – they are perfect for sighting obstacles and colored fish.
- Lens Coatings– Lens coatings are often seen with high-quality sunglasses. If you have a budget that is up a little bit, then you can check out for lens coatings. One of the most popular options is the hydrophobic coating. Coatings ensure that your vision is not affected by repelling water droplets. An advanced lens is usually coated with chemicals to make them fog proof. They are the best sunglasses for deep sea fishing.
- Frame Style and Shape– It can be frustrating when you are in the middle of a nice catch and suddenly your fishing glasses get lost – it can fell off from your eyes and get sunk. Fishing glasses needs to fit and “grip” your face perfectly. This is why they type of frame shape and style is as important as the lenses itself. Not only would you want to make sure the frame suits you face, but, can also withstand whatever is being thrown at it.
Wrap around frames – if you fish on a boat, I will advise you to go for this type of frame. It will enable your sunglass to stay on your face irrespective of how vigorous the wind is. For additional security, you should get bands or straps too. Also you can look for more authoritative answer webmd explained here, how to pick good polarized lenses.
Why to Use Polarized Lenses for Fishing?
There are number of reasons using polarized sunglasses for fishing.
- Protection from UV: Polarized sunglasses protect your eyes from UV ray when you are fishing in lake or sea under hot sunny weather.
- Enhanced Eyesight: Another advantage of using polarized glasses is that, it provides you enhanced vision to see below the surface of water.
- Transparent View: Wearing polarized sunglasses you can enjoy more transparent view of the sea water.
- Block glare & light: It has polarized filters which bounce block glare and remove the haze of water reflection that allow you to see better.
- Save Retina: Entering UV directly into the eyes could destroy your retina. Polarized glasses save your eyes.
The options listed above have been thoughtfully researched and would make a great choice for you as the best fishing sunglasses. You will get great lens performance, and also remember that you are going to get what you paid for. The money you invest in a polarized fishing sunglass will give a complete satisfaction that is incomparable. You have only set of eyes and you will not want to wreck them.